Some cruise passengers have but only 1 day for their shore excursion in St. Petersburg. It’s always a difficult choice – what to see and do during such a short stopover. In this tour I offer you to visit the most famous St. Petersburg sights: the Hermitage Museum, Catherine Palace and Amber Room and Nevsky Prospect.
8:30 – meet your tour guide at the port terminal and start your St. Petersburg shore excursion.
You’ll derive through the historic city centre and see such famous sights as the Spit of Vasilievsky Idland, Rostral Columns, Admiralty, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Church on the Blood,Peter and Paul Fortress and many others.
Drive outside the city to Pushkin (former Tsarskoye Selo), where one of the most wanted St. Petersburg sights is located – the Catherine Palace and Park ensemble.
10:30-12:30 – Tour of the(skip the line arrangements) with a guaranteed visit to the main highlight of it – the Amber Room. The visit to the palace is followed by a walk in Catherine Garden. You can go up the Cameron Gallery that provides beautiful views of the garden.
In case your St. Petersburg sights 1-day tour falls onto Tuesday (day-off at the Catherine Palace), I will offer you museums/attractions to replace the closed venue.
Time for lunch. For groups of 6 persons and larger 3-course sit-down lunch with a fixed group menu is included in the price.
14:00-16:00 –highlights tour. Although it is not possible to see every single exhibit on display in the Hermitage in just 2-3 hours, but still our tour will be a perfect introduction to the world-famous museum for you. You will see the splendid rooms of the Winter Palace (the former official winter-time residence of the Russian tsars), Small, Old and New Hermitage buildings and most famous masterpieces of the Hermitage Fine Arts collections.
In case your 1-day shore excursion falls onto Monday, the Hermitage useum visit can be replaced with another art museum, for instance, the Russian Museum.
16:15-17:15 – time for a stroll down Nevsky Prospect. One cannot say he visited St. Petersburg if he hasn’t taken a walk along the main avenue! If you’d like to, we can add shopping to your St. Petersburg sights tour.
By 18:00 – return on board the ship.
|Number of people||Price per person|
|2 pax||210 USD|
|4 pax||135 USD|
|6 pax||130 USD|
|8 pax||120 USD|
|10 pax||110 USD|
|12 pax||100 USD|
|14 pax||95 USD|
|16 pax||90 USD|
Discount for children and teenagers up to 16 y.o. is 10%. College students need to have ISIC student card in order to obtain the discount. ISIC card is to be shown at each museum , so students will have to carry ISICs during the entire shore excursion.
Main St. Petersburg Sights Tour Inclusions:
- port access fee for your guide and transport to pick you up by the ship side;
- visa-free arrangements (complimentary for our customers);
- St. Petersburg local guide fluent in English for 1 day (timing as per program);
- head-sets to hear your guide clearly – for groups larger than 6 persons;
- transportation by a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle of the necessary size (timing as per program);
- pre-arranged admissions (skip the line) to the most famous St. Petersburg sights: Hermitage Museum and Catherine Palace & Amber Room;
- Russian traditional lunches for groups of 6 persons and larger;
- bottled water supply;
- head-sets for groups under 7 persons;
- lunches for groups under 6 persons;
- gratuities for the guide and drivers.